Upload Resume Here:
Humatics’ breakthrough microlocation system and analytics software comprise a Spatial Intelligence Platform™ that will revolutionize how people and machines locate, navigate and collaborate. A single Humatics system, using simple, inexpensive radio-frequency technology, can pinpoint multiple, moving targets with millimeter-scale precision, vastly outperforming existing systems at a fraction of the cost.
Humatics is seeking a System Test Data Engineer to help drive the analysis of data generated by our Microlocation systems and the software tools required to analyze and visualize that data. You will join a team of experienced and highly motivated electrical, computer, RF and robotics engineers with decades of experience in navigation and autonomous robot operation to realize and apply new types of data to a wide variety of applications.
As a member of Humatics’ Quality Assurance System Test Team, you will work on Quality Assurance and product testing projects providing the data analysis and engineering required to demonstrate that our Microlocation solutions meet and exceed customers’ expectations. Included in this work is the development of data analysis tools including creating internal company dashboards, establishing and maintaining data analytics pipelines, and creating high-end visualizations. You will use this pipeline to analyze data from customer projects, interpret results, and prepare reports for internal and external use. This position will collaborate closely with Humatics’ Software, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing teams to ensure alignment with other company initiatives.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Expand an existing analysis library by integrating features prototyped by other engineers in Jupyter notebooks
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Develop data analysis tools including workflow definition from high-level requirements, hands-on coding of software tools, establishing and maintaining data analytics pipelines, and providing clear and compelling visualization of results
- Analyze manufacturing and quality data, synthesize with product test data
- Prepare reports for presentation to customers and internal stakeholders
- Ensure code aligns with company best practices and procedures
- 2-3 years experience in a field related to data analysis, visualization or geographic information systems (GIS)
- Undergraduate degree in a field related to analytics — e.g., computer science, applied math, engineering
- Experience working with databases, ETL frameworks, and creating dashboards
- Fluency in Python is required; experience in Plotly, Bokeh, Tableau, Jupyter, and/or D3 is desired
- Knowledge of data mining and processing using SQL
- Experience with Robotics or motion control systems is a plus
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques and regression methods
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Strong communication skills including effectively presenting results and recommendations both internally and externally, clearly communicating complex technical material, and writing high quality reports with all necessary backup material for external consumption with minimal supervision
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded early stage startup
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Paid holidays and flexible vacation time
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.