Humatics’ breakthrough microlocation system and analytics software comprise a Spatial Intelligence Platform™ that will revolutionize how people and machines locate, navigate and collaborate. A single Humatics system, using simple, inexpensive radio-frequency technology, can pinpoint multiple, moving targets with millimeter-scale precision, vastly outperforming existing systems at a fraction of the cost.
We are seeking a dynamic Supply Chain Manager in the greater Boston area, who will join a team of experienced and highly motivated electrical, RF, computer and robotics engineers, and professionals in sales, marketing, manufacturing and other disciplines. We’re eager to meet enthusiastic, engaged people eager to join our team and help create the microlocation revolution.
- Lead the sourcing and qualification of supply partners for strategic commodities from new product development through to production
- Partner with engineering teams to review design specs and recommend sources that can meet volume, quality, and cost requirements.
- Coordinate quotations, negotiate supplier agreements, and manage capex tooling projects
- Measure and monitor supplier performance and coordinate regular business reviews with key component suppliers and contract manufacturing partners
- Develop detailed COGS models early in product development to ensure requirements are met. Propose alternate cost related solutions throughout development. Support with pricing data, capex ROI, supply risks, tradeoffs, etc to enable data driven decision making by program teams
- Maintain COGS dashboards and provide frequent communication to internal stakeholders
- Aggressively implement year over year cost improvement programs
- Contribute to the Sales and Operations Planning process yielding production plans aligned with sales, revenue, and product development goals
- Achieve production plans via effective capacity planning, supplier management, and inventory management
- Manage supply chain risks by identifying, characterizing, and monitoring risks and by driving mitigating actions
- Communicate supply chain performance, risks, and general status at defined intervals to internal stakeholders
- Monitor forward looking market conditions and provide regular commodity forecasts
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations or related field. MBA desirable
- 7+ years of progressive strategic sourcing and commodity management experiencein a fast paced and innovative product development environment
- Direct experience working in a virtual operations model with manufacturing and supply chain execution through contract manufacturing partners
- In depth knowledge of suppliers’ manufacturing processes forcomplex electromechanical commodities, including PCBAs, cable harnesses, sensors, injection molding, sheet metal, die casting, and machining
- Outstanding negotiation skills including development of strategic supplier agreements and lowest total landed cost
- Exceptional analytical and modeling approach to decision making, problem solving, and monitoring of key metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate to a broad group of stakeholders including senior management, finance, manufacturing, quality, engineering and suppliers
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP tools desired
- Occasional travel to contract manufacturers and other business units
- Competitive salary
- Equity ownership in a well-funded early stage start-up
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid holidays and unlimited vacation
Please send your cv/resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. This role is based in Waltham, MA.
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.