Upload Resume Here
Humatics’ breakthrough microlocation system and analytics software comprise a Spatial Intelligence Platform™ that will revolutionize how people and machines locate, navigate and collaborate. A single Humatics system, using simple, inexpensive radio-frequency technology, can pinpoint multiple, moving targets with millimeter-scale precision, vastly outperforming existing systems at a fraction of the cost.
Humatics is seeking a Solutions Engineer to help design and deploy custom applications of Humatics microlocation technologies in diverse customer settings. You will join a team of experienced and highly motivated electrical, computer, RF and robotics engineers with decades of experience in navigation and autonomous robot operation.
As a member of Humatics’ Solutions Team, you will work on creative, customer focused projects that use microlocation to build a new class of vehicle localization system for the logistics and transportation industries. This position will collaborate closely with Humatics’ Field Application Engineering, System Test and Software Teams to ensure alignment with other company initiatives.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a wide range of engineering and maker skills involving mechanical, electronic, firmware and software stacks.
- Work with lead engineers and system architects to devise and implement complete solutions for Humatics customers. Full life cycle involvement from customer requirements to final deployment and support.
- Prototype high-value, customer driven features to feed back into the platform development team.
- Develop mechanical, electrical and software systems to integrate Humatics microlocation systems into both autonomous and human operated vehicles.
- Ensure design documents, guides, and code aligns with company best practices and procedures.
- Travel to customer sites for integrations, pilots, and other visits including presentation of results.
- 2-4 years experience in mechatronics or related disciplines of firmware, software, mechanical design.
- Undergraduate degree in a field related to mechatronics — e.g., computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering with emphasis on controls.
- Experience in navigation technologies such as GPS and GNSS highly desired
- Fluency in C, C++, Python and the ability to quickly learn new software is required. Demonstrated polyglots preferred.
- Familiarity with SolidWorks and/or Fusion360 highly desired.
- Experience developing mobile apps and desktop GUIs highly desired.
- Proficiency in data networks – both basic network design and TCP/IP, UDP programming
- Excellent analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative) including ability, aptitude and attitude to understand large datasets
- Experience working with network connected sensor designs and deployment is highly desired (IoT).
- Demonstrated experience working with customer facing technical teams solving complex challenges under tight timelines.
- Initiative to independently and rapidly tackle challenging technical problems with minimal supervision, proactively plan and execute required work, identify risks and solutions within your subject area, and communicate with stakeholders
- Strong communication skills including effectively presenting proposals, results and recommendations both internally and externally, clearly communicate complex technical material, and writing high quality reports with all necessary backup material for external consumption with minimal supervision.
- As required, travel to support customer projects including assisting with site surveys, deployment and support. Approximately 40% travel on average with travel typically occurring in spurts and occasionally on short notice.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded early stage startup
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid holidays and vacation
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.