Humatics’ breakthrough microlocation system and analytics software comprise a Spatial Intelligence Platform™ that will revolutionize how people and machines locate, navigate and collaborate. A single Humatics system, using simple, inexpensive radio-frequency technology, can pinpoint multiple, moving targets with millimeter-scale precision, vastly outperforming existing systems at a fraction of the cost.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test to join a team of experienced and highly motivated electrical, RF, computer and robotics engineers, and other professionals in sales, marketing, manufacturing and other disciplines. We’re eager to meet enthusiastic, engaged people eager to join our team and help create the microlocation revolution.
- Help build the SQA function at Humatics as part of a small team
- Help verify the quality and reliability of Humatics’ products in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Develop Python-based automated tests at the embedded layer of the software stack to exercise a unique and complex integrated system (75%)
- Write and maintain basic automation pipelines in Python
- Test the real-time navigation of robots moving around our lab space
- Perform all the stages of manual testing such as functional, integration, system, and UI / UA testing (25%)
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Find, isolate, document, and track software defects through resolution, following best practices and Humatics processes
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, “hard” sciences, etc. –OR– the experiential equivalent (5-10 years as a dev tech in a related field)
- 1-3 years of Python development
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience with the full SDLC, including delivering to the market and supporting field deployments
- Quality mindset & approach: demonstrated knowledge of product, system, software, and code quality best practices
- Collaborative team player mentality
- “Get it done” mentality and the flexibility to change approaches and tactics quickly when necessary
- Value constructive feedback to better performance and fuel development
- CI/CD pipelines
- AWS & Cloud engineering
- Git – workflows & strategies
- Linux / Linux shell scripting
- RF / Signal processing
- Agile methodologies, frameworks, and ceremonies
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded early stage startup
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid holidays and flexible vacation time
This job is bases in Waltham, MA.
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.