Humatics is pioneering microlocation technology, offering millimeter- and centimeter-scale positioning that is faster, more precise, and affordable than any existing 3D positioning or location tracking technology on the market. Our breakthrough microlocation system and analytics software comprise the Humatics Spatial Intelligence Platform™ that will revolutionize how people and machines locate, navigate and collaborate in the connected world.
Humatics is seeking a Field Applications Engineer to help drive the system-level design, integration, and deployment of our microlocation technology. You will join a team of experienced and highly motivated electrical, computer, RF and robotics engineers with decades of experience in navigation and autonomous robot operation to realize a wide variety of new applications.
You will work directly with Humatics’ Sales, Marketing, and System Engineering teams to provide solutions to customers’ challenges, install and support our technology in the field, and serve as a conduit between customers and Humatics’ Product Development team. You will regularly work directly with customers, both remotely and in the field, to deliver working solutions at customer sites. You will be a key player in ensuring our products meet customer needs through field work and effective communication of field and customer experiences into the Humatics organization.
- Assist Sales and Business Development with prospective customer and partner engagements to drive adoption
- Work with Marketing and Engineering to ensure that product capabilities match marketing strategies and material
- Collaborate with Marketing, Business Development and Sales to assess customer use-case viability, align with current or planned technology development, and develop solutions using our technology
- Interact often with customers to enhance their understanding of our technology and products
- Work closely with the engineering teams to gain an in depth understanding of our technology and products
- Work closely with QA, Testing, and Engineering teams to ensure in field insights are incorporated into development and testing processes
- Develop or modify system elements (source code, system parameters, hardware, etc) in order to ensure solutions that solve customers’ challenges
- Support the deployment and on boarding of products at the pilot stage as well as commercialized products at customer sites
- Lead field testing and analysis efforts
- Provide mentoring to junior Field Application Engineers
- Up to 75% travel
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in electrical, mechanical, systems, or robotics engineering or a related technical field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in field application engineering, systems engineering, or similar
- Experience with direct customer interaction, both in sales and technical contexts
- Experience with radio-frequency position sensors (e.g., GPS, GNSS), inertial navigation, and/or motion control products desired
- Computer programming skills in languages such as C\C++ or Python is highly desirable
- Experience with Linux or similar command line operation
- Strong communication skills including presenting results and recommendations both internally and to external customers
- Ability to quickly and independently tackle challenging technical problems with minimal supervision
- Competitive salary
- Equity ownership in a well-funded early stage start-up
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid holidays and vacation
Please send your cv/resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. This role is based in Waltham, MA. Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.