Humatics is a pioneer in microlocation technology, offering both millimeter- and centimeter-scale positioning products. The Cambridge (Waltham effective 11/18) office has an immediate need for an electrical engineer with a desire to design cutting edge hardware for RF/radio ranging and localization application areas.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Creating schematics and coordinating with PCB layout resources
- Research of new components, technologies, and methods to incorporate into new designs
- Development and execution of test verification procedures to verify compliance to all applicable performance, regulatory, and quality requirements
- Collaborate with RF/Antenna, Mechanical, Embedded Software, Logic Designers, to ensure a well-designed and fully functional hardware stack
- Troubleshooting and debugging analog and digital radio circuitry
- Coordinate with other functional teams during the life cycle of the product and be responsible for design modifications as required
- Support production facilities in the manufacture and testing of products
- Document designs in required formats, including BOMs, ECOs, and work instructions
- Part and vendor evaluation and qualification
- Coordinated effort with mechanical packaging with respect to product definition
- 10+ years of experience designing, developing, and deploying electrical hardware for commercial and/or military products (minimumof 5 years)
- High level of proficiency and experience with electrical hardware design of new products related to analog and digital circuits
- Experience with designs incorporating FPGAs and embedded microcontrollers
- Strong hardware troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Preference given to candidates with radio and/or radar hardware design experience. RF experience up to 10 GHz desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interface with production personnel, engineering, management, and other departments
- Organized, focused, and results-oriented with the ability to work on multiple parallel projects
- Schematic capture, simulation and PCB layout software experience required (Cadence or Altium preferred)
- Experience with Design for Manufacture (DFM) principles a plus
- Ability to independently and rapidly tackle challenging technical problems with minimal supervision.
- The motivation to continually improve technology and work at fast-paced and rapidly growing start-up.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required.
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.