Humatics’ breakthrough microlocation system and analytics software comprise a Spatial Intelligence Platform™ that will revolutionize how people and machines locate, navigate and collaborate. A single Humatics system, using simple, inexpensive radio-frequency technology, can pinpoint multiple, moving targets with millimeter-scale precision, vastly outperforming existing systems at a fraction of the cost.
Humatics is seeking an exceptional Director of Mobility Software to join this revolution by independently analyzing, designing, developing, debugging and modifying software for assigned projects with complex scope. The Director of Mobility Software leads the company’s engineering efforts in the area of software systems for mobile robotic systems such as autonomous ground vehicles (AGVs) and autonomous mobile robots (AMRs). The Director of Mobility Software architects and designs new software systems as well as supervises an engineering team that implements and validates these systems on mobile platforms.
- Create software applications for robotics including:
- Design architectures for robotic software systems;
- Characterize how these systems interface with robot control systems;
- Analyze how robotic software systems fail;
- Based on these analyses and characterizations, design and build robust software systems for mobile robot application; and
- Deploy these software systems on autonomous ground vehicles (AGVs) and autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) in industrial and mobility applications.
- Design and develop imaging algorithms for software components, interactive and automated applications and/or test programsincluding:
- Derive and develop new sensor fusion algorithms that incorporate imaging, RF, and inertial technologies;
- Conduct detailed analyses of these methods to ensure stability, robustness, and compliance with system requirements; and
- Actively maintain knowledge of the state of the art in sensor fusion, robotics, and software engineering.
- Use current programming languages, including C/C++ and Python, and technologies to develop code and testusing Continuous Implementation and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) best practices.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Coordinate with the program director and technical team leadon current development tasksincluding using program/project management tools to track workflows and ensure on-time, on-budget, and on-spec task completions.
- Collaborate with other project team members to design and implement featuresincluding working on large product teams that include hardware and other software systems.
- Produce well-organized, optimized, and documented source code.
- Debug and continually improveexisting source code.
- Contribute to technical design documentation.
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve complex issues including
- clearly communicating recommendations that resolve these issues to both internal and external stakeholders; and
- When necessary, recommending new engineering practices.
- Analyze complex situations or data from which answers are not easily obtained.
- Lead a technical team responsible for delivering mobility software on-spec, on-time, and on-budget including:
- Mapping high level engineering design goals into specific, focused tasks for team members
- Resolving technical questions and issues internally within this team when possible and bringing in external parties to resolve when required;
- Validating team’s work through code reviews and engineering validation tests; and
- Providingtraining, supervision and guidance to team members.
- Supervise 3 Software Engineers.
- Domestic travel within the United States approximately once a month; international travel approximately 2-3 times/year, travel not to exceed 30 days per calendar year.
Bachelor’s degree(or foreign degree equivalent)in Robotics Systems Development, Computer Science or Engineering, or closely related and five years of experience designing, building, implementing, and validating software systems for robotic mobility and localization.
Master’s degree (or foreign degree equivalent) in Robotics Systems Development, Computer Science or Engineering, or closely related and three years of experience designing, building, implementing, and validating software systems for robotic mobility and localization.
Experience must include:
- 1 year in a technical lead role;
- 3 years building software systems on robotic platforms using modern computer programming languages (including C/C++ and Python) and Middlewares (including LCM and ROS);
- 3 years validating software using engineering validation tests and automated CI/CD best practices;
- 3 years experience using simulation and modeling (including fault tree analysis, and Monte-Carlo simulation), to analyze potential solutions for compliance with engineering requirements;
- 3 years deploying mobility software on autonomous ground vehicles (AGVs) and autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) in customer environs.
This position is based at 152 Grove Street, Waltham, MA 02453